14 August 2008

Birthdays- masculine?


Masculine birthday cards are always a challenge for me because I tend to like really girly supplies. Here are some lame attempts; the one on the right,I think, is the lamer of the two.

Card stock and Patterned Paper: Hobby Lobby, as always (or, almost always).

Left card "H" made from CTMH Atomic Caps stamp set and a Cranberry CTMH marker. The rest of the sentiment was created with a Dymo Label Maker. And it does seem that nearly every "masculine" card I make has to have some staples, eh?

For the card on the right I used another $2 Autumn Leaves stamp set from Target. CTMH ink in Sweet Leaf. I tried to stamp some leaves on the green paper, but by the time the ink dried, you really couldn't see them unless you have the vision of a Super-Hero. Too bad. Now I think the card is awfully plain. This is also definitely not one of my standard color combos.

0 comments: