01 July 2008

Lotsa Pockets!!







Last Fall, I was big into making Pocket Cards, with mixed results. I was also experimenting with color combinations that I rarely use-- the black ribbon with pastel paper, yellow and green. I'm a fairly boring gal. I apologize that the photos are lousy. If I'd had a scanner, I would have scanned them, but of course, I don't!

Most of the paper and cardstock was from the huge packs you can buy at Hobby Lobby for a fairly low price-- and then I buy it when all paper is 50% off. Gotta love sales. I think all the stamps are from the $1 clear stamps at Michael's. Ink from CTMH, except the pink.

I did hand-write some of the wording on the cards, and typed some in Word, so they're not all stamps. The "fashionably late" idea came from an old issue of Creating Keepsakes-- I can't remember right now who the scrapper was. Her card had cuter paper, and a little purse or a shoe or something on it. I've tried to adapt the idea several times because, you got it-- I'm almost always LATE sending cards!

I used a lot of staples because I really like when people sew on their cards, but I haven't sewn since the 8th grade, when I jammed up my Mom's machine several times and was forced to "take a break!" So I've tried to imitate the look with staples or drawing my own "stitches." I know, it's not as good as the real thing, but what else am I gonna do?

Anyway, here's another post. Hopefully I'll make something new soon to post. Until then, it's all oldies!

1 comments:

Kaela said...

These are all so cute! I appreciate the extra information you added about your whole process. Sounds like we have similar shopping patterns- I practically only shop sales too:)